Re: Noah's ark

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:17:19 -0800

At 02:24 PM 11/19/97 -0500, Moorad wrote:

>I have one comment about Mt. Ararat. It is very visible from Yerevan, the
>capital of present day Armenia. Mt. Ararat is depicted in our national flag
>and most Armenian consider it our own despite the fact that it is in
>Turkey--occupied Armenian territory. Our hope is that it will one day come
>to our fold.

Me too. I don't have any confidence that the Ark is on top of the highest
free standing mountain in the world. What a cruel hoax for God to drop
Noah off at 17,000 feet (actually Mt Ararat is a late Tertiary volcanic
cone, and probably didn't even exist when Noah left the "Mountains of
Ararat.") Before there even were any Armenians!
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu