Re: Noah's ark

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:24:27 -0500 (EST)

At 01:21 PM 11/19/97 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:
>Stories that never die do include ones like the Ararat/ark item. For
>myself, the best attitude is that of St Thomas, whose name was put forth
>once as putative patron saint for the Royal Society. I'm from Missouri on
>this one, neither confirming nor denying till I see it. Can't number the
>times that "arkeologists" have claimed to get within one day/one mile/one
>political event of "finding" the "ark."
>
>Of course, I'd love for it to turn out true: not for theological reasons
>(though my theology would undergo some modifications), but for cultural
>reasons: it would send all sorts of demons into the world of biblical
>scholarship, unless I miss my mark, and it would be gobs of fun to watch the
>dust settle.
>
>Ted Davis

I have one comment about Mt. Ararat. It is very visible from Yerevan, the
capital of present day Armenia. Mt. Ararat is depicted in our national flag
and most Armenian consider it our own despite the fact that it is in
Turkey--occupied Armenian territory. Our hope is that it will one day come
to our fold.

Moorad