Re: Testing in historical science

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 21:38:17 -0500

Moorad Alexanian wrote:

> However, theories in physics make specific predictions. I ask you, does an
> evolutionist have a theory which predicts why I have two eyes? Or else, how
> many millions years will it take for us car drivers to develop an eye behind
> our heads to make backing a car easier?

& we don't have theories of celestial mechanics detailed enough
to tell us why the solar system has 9 planets. But that doesn't mean
that they were designed in some way that bypassed the laws of physics.
The contingency of evolutionary process, physical or biological, cannot
be ignored.
George Murphy