Re: I am not an atheist

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Thu, 06 Nov 1997 14:15:04 -0500 (EST)

At 12:04 PM 11/6/97 -0500, Jan de Koning wrote:
>At 09:46 AM 06/11/97 -0500, Moorad wrote:
>> My hope is that scientists who are studying nature are competent,
>>honest and theologically neutral.
>>
>>In the love of Christ,
>>
>>Moorad
>>
>How can you be theologically neutral? What does that mean anyway?
>
>Jan de Koning
>Willowdale, Ont.

It means that you do not bring your religious beliefs and/or your prejudices
to bear in your function of a scientist. The subject matter of science is
(or ought to be) distinct from that of theology. I have no problems with
theological neutrality when I do my physics research. Is Sagan, Gould or
Dawkins theologically neutral? I do not think so. Are you?

Moorad