Re: Geezer Patriarchs

gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.Colorado.EDU)
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 08:26:42 -0700 (MST)

Karen,

If we believe in inerrancy, Luke didn't make a mistake, and Cainan really
existed even though he was skipped in the Masoretic. Thus we can't skip
him in drawing up a chronology. Comparisons of genealogies in the Bible
show that skipping generations was done quite often thus making the
genealogies not too useful for exact chronologies.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0395