Re: Fall of evolved man

Karen G. Jensen (kjensen@calweb.com)
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:12:49 -0600

Hi Glenn,

on Tue, 04 Nov 1997 22:52:03 -0600, you wrote:

>Being partly evolved does not rule out our dependence upon Him.

Yes. Since the original creation, all living things have been modified
genetically, and if that is evolution (or in many cases "devolution"), then
every living thing is "partly evolved", and, yes, intimately dependent on
Him. If He withdrew His care, all would die. In Him we and live move and
have our being. Acts 17:28

I know you meant originally evolved, not just subsequently modified. But
our awareness of our direct dependence upon Him is much greater if we
acknowledge that He specially created mankind, and each kind.

>find a verse in the bible that says "animals give rise to animals after
>their kind" with animals as the subject and animals as the object?

Gen 1:11-12, 1:21-25, 6:20, and 7:14, Leviticus 11:13-19, Deut 14:13-18,
etc. list plants and animals which reproduce "after their kind", more
literally translated "to their kind". I haven't found a Bible verse that
says "the raven brings forth the raven" in these passages, but everyone
knows that it does. Maybe the author didn't consider it necessary to say
exactly that for us. But I will keep looking.

Of course there is adaptation within each kind, so the raven and the crow
and other corvids have differentiated from the original. But there are
limits to
such change. Darwin as a breeder of pigeons and other animals and plants
knew this. But he decided to extrapolate observed domestic breeding within
kinds (and observed geographical variation in wild kinds) to changes from
one kind to others. I believe he made a mistake.

What
>people read as ruling out evolution really doesn't rule it out.

And what people read as proving evolution doesn't prove it.

Psalm 103:8
Karen