Re: Praclaux Crater and the global flood (fwd)

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Wed, 05 Nov 1997 11:24:01 -0800

At 11:10 PM 11/4/97 -0600, Glenn wrote:

>Give each layer 1 day for recolonization of burrowers the
>deposit would require 41 years. Haymond bed 1300 m thick entire
>column 5000 m thick. Deposit by Noah flood 1300/5000*326=95 days
>this means 157 couplets / day. with burrows.
>
>I don't think you can re-colonize in one day. Allen, how do you explain
>this? And I can get you more.

Burrowing organisms will recolonize as fast as necessary to prevent
suffocation. If sediment load is high, the burrowers will burrow fast..
Defining recolonization as opposed to escape burrows is subjective, and
would be somewhat defined by the nature (but not necessarily by the amount)
of burrowing. In other words, I do not view the argument as compelling in
the sense that you intend it to be. A continuous sediment load would
require continuous burrowing by the infauna.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu