Re: Fall of evolved man

Karen G. Jensen (kjensen@calweb.com)
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 22:22:28 -0600

>>Matthew 19:4 and even Genesis 1:26-27 didn't tell _how_ God created mankind,
>>but does Genesis 2:7 sound like evolution, or personal, loving creation?
>>And Genesis 2:21-23 -- again personal, and very creative, showing us that
>>God's thoughts and His ways are very different from what we might imagine
>>(Isaiah 55:8-9).
>>
>>He does not deceive us, in fact He tells us, in every way possible, that
>>we are dependent on Him, not just on time or chance or algorithms.
>>
>>Karen
>
>My reference to Matt. 19:4 was to emphasize Christ's words "HAVE YOU NOT
>READ, THAT HE WHO CREATED THEM FROM THE BEGINNING MADE THEM MALE AND
>FEMALE." Read what? Genesis of course! If Christ was quoting Genesis, then
>how can we reconcile His own words with an evolutionary development of man.
>>From the beginning He made them male and female. Must I understand that
>there were male and female something which evolved into male and female
>human beings??
>
>Moorad

I have heard that some people think it doesn't matter if it was an ape's
body that the "soul" was given to. But there is nothing like that in
Scripture!

Genesis 1&2 describe God creating a man, forming him fully and empowering
him, and then a woman made especially for him. Beautiful. Against such
there is no law (yet).

We have a choice to accept Genesis 1 and 2 or not. There is terrific
spiritual warfare over this issue.

Karen