Re: brain info question

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:17:28 -0800

At 09:13 PM 10/29/97 -0600, you wrote:
>As I have been thinking about this all day, it seems that there is even more
>information required for the specification of the brain. The thing I didn't
>do is to specify the x,y,z locations of each neuron. This would be added to
>the information specifying the location of each dendrite tip. Is this
correct?

Since the dendritic development is at least a chemo-electical seeking
process, that information would not have to be explicitly specified in the
design. It likely is more subtle (and sophisticated) than that, but I
don't think we know enough yet to completely circumscribe the process.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu