Re: Appearance of Age

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:59:30 -0500

John W. Burgeson wrote:

> People interested in the concept owe it to themselves to read OMPHALOS,
> by Gosse, written in 1857. It argues the concept -- and its implications
> -- very very well (IMO).
>
> The book is available via inter-library loan -- Gordon-Cromwell has a
> photocopy they lent me a few years ago. I made a copy of their copy which
> is readable but of such poor quality I have not been able to scan it.

I'd love to have a copy of Gosse, partly because I'm just a book
packrat, & I don't know why such out-of-print-but-frequently-referred-to
books aren't more easily available with today's copiers. HOWEVER - the
basic concept of apparent age can be stated easily & briefly, & can be
discussed (& IMO disposed of theologically) with reference to the
details of Gosse's argument.
George Murphy