Re: Original ASAers

Keith B Miller (kbmill@ksu.edu)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 21:32:17 -0500 (CDT)

Burgy wrote:

>I'd be interested in knowing more about when the ADSA was founded, how it
>was founded, and who the other four people of vision were.
>
>Someone told me once that Henry Morris was one of the five. Is this
>correct?

The original five founders of the ASA were John Van Haitsma (biologist from
Calvin), Peter Stoner (mathematician from Pasadena), Irving Cowperthwaite
(industrial chemist from Boston), Russell Sturgis (chemist at Ursinus), and
F. Alton Everest (EE from Oregon State). Irwin Moon (with Moody Bible
Institute) was the instigator of the original meeting in which the ASA was
envisioned.

For more on this see chapter 9 in Ronald Numbers book "The Creationists."

Keith

Keith B. Miller
Department of Geology
Kansas State University