on natural laws

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:01:10 -0500 (EST)

At 09:46 AM 10/24/97 -0600, Eduardo G. Moros wrote:

>Think about it, how can we call nature "unguided" when we know that it follows
>unbreakable natural laws?

One has to be careful about the laws that man devices to describe nature. [I
assume that is what you mean by "natural laws."] We believe that God guides
nature and that our laws are poor representations of those guiding
principles. The theories that man devices to describe nature are like a map
which describes a city. The map is NOT the city but it is useful to guide us
from one place of the city to another. However, the laws that really guide
the actual city are much more complicated and are certainly not contained in
our description of the city, the map.

Moorad