Re: ACG members and the age of the earth

J. McKiness (jmckines@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:38:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Tom Pearson wrote:

>[major snip]

> In short, the appearance of age in the wine at Cana, and the appearance of
> age in creation, is comparing apples and oranges -- or perhaps grapes and
> graphite.
>
> Tom Pearson

Tom,

Sorry to disagree with you but the wine analogy appears good to me.
Creation shows "maturation" everywhere we look. As an example, if God
created the Earth even 80x10^6 years ago, a greater age would be
implied in the weathering products which His biological creation
depended on at its initiation (most gymnosperms and angiosperms require
soil).

I believe for my geological and paleoenvironmental studies it is
preferable to assume that His creation has "maturated" over a very long
time period by our standards.

John