Re: Evolution and Christianity

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:17:21 -0700

At 04:32 PM 10/22/97 -0400, Steve wrote:
> The problem is you're 150-200 years too late. The flood hypothesis was
>considered early on in geology and found sorely lacking. For example,
>read any introductory geology textbook to learn about the work of Louis
>Agassiz in the Alps. He showed the material being called "drift" and
>thought to originate during Noah's flood was, in actuality, material
>deposited by glaciers. This was around 1836.

Whoa! So we have learned that geologists prior to 1836 had some wrong
ideas. Well surprise, surprise. Some geologists today have wrong ideas as
well. Science is not supposed to be into dogmatism, but I sure hear a lot
of it from geologists who have abandoned the Biblical account of earth
history (yourself and a few others excepted).

I could cite numerous other
>examples from the history of geology. That's why modern geology rejects the
>idea of a global flood.

They may have to reconsider that idea someday, but lets hope it is not in
the judgment.

Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu