Re: Evolution and Christianity

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 09:20:58 -0700

At 12:20 PM 10/20/97 -0400, Gordon wrote:
>YES!! I insist that evolution are compatible.
>Why? Because speciation , the basic principle of Darwin's biological
>evolution can be understood in Scripture. My average time to convince an
>undersgradate is three minutes.

If you mean speciation, say so. We have no disagreement. If you are going
to go beyond the empirical data and suggest this process is going to lead
to new kinds of things, you are talking philosophy (or religion) and this
is where the issue I was addressing comes in. Three minutes...that's good.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu