>Re: Importance of the Flood

Eduardo G. Moros (moros@castor.wustl.edu)
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 16:37:57 -0600

Well, It sounds like God inspired a bunch of speculators to write down an
inflated version of the truth, which means, an inflated version of a lie.
Sorry folks, I can't just swallow your meanderings here. Glenn's boss shares
a very common sensical view of the claims of judeo-christianity. You must not
forget that all has not yet been found, all has not yet been studied, all has
not yet been discovered.

When I was a teenager my father gave me a book written by a archeologist
(translated into Spanish from German I think) called (tranlating here) "And
the Bible was right". This amazing book looks at a great number of small
evidences that corroborate the Bible narratives. By no means all things were
cooroborated, only a bunch. The wall of Jerico fell inward, hasn't that been
corroborated? I think that the evidences for the Bible are outrageously great
in number and importance, more than with any other ancient text. While people
continue to base their faith is a scientifically correct Bible, their faith
will be stumbling all around because science changes all the time, sometimes
drastically and radically, is that what you want to base your faith on?