Re: Few Christian Nobelists- why??

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 12:57:09 -0400

Glenn Morton wrote:

> I have been watching the discussion of the Nobelists. I have one other
> explanation and that is that we Christians lose many of the brightest
> students when they begin to see the difference between what they were taught
> and what science observes. .......................
> Not every student can feel comfortable with the view
> that the Scripture is true but doesn't describe what actually happened.

I was saying "This is most certainly true" - until I hit your
last sentence! Ps.23 is true but didn't "actually happen" (unless you
eat grass), & Gen.1 & 2 are both true, but the the non-human animals
were not created _both_ before & after man. But we've been over all
this before.
Your more fundamental point is profoundly correct. Christians
who insist that evolution & Christianity absolutely cannot be compatible
should be required to memorize Mk.9:42.
George