Re: NABT statement

Joel Peter Anderson (joela@nts.umn.edu)
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 21:24:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, George Murphy wrote:

> Craig Rusbult wrote:
> >
> > Terry Gray says,
> > >Any comments? I hope that we applaud this move as strongly as we
> > >criticized the original version.
> >
> > Yes, this is a wise move by NABT, but it is intended for the benefit of
> > NABT, not to be neutral or to help those who take other positions.
>
> The NABT revision is a small victory for those who want to
> eliminate anti-religious bias from the teaching of science. Let's
> accept that for now. The only thing less appealing that a poor loser is
> an ungracious winner.

I have heard Phil Johnson (just today, at a seminar he gave here in
Minnesota) argue why this is not the victory it might seem, and I agree
with him. I'll wait to see if he posts a response before I offer my hashed
version of what he said. [Sorry to create suspense.... well, maybe not
*too* sorry...]

joel anderson * joela@nts.umn.edu 625-7389