FW: National Day of Prayer

Berger, Dan (bergerd@bluffton.edu)
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:49:46 -0400

My apologies for the mass forward, but I think this is important. If you've
seen it, delete it! -- DB

I thought each of you would be interesed in this message. It is NOT a
chain letter. It is telling about the persecution of Christians, the
International Day
of Prayer and those that are endorsing it.

>To whomever it may concern:
>
>More Christians have been martyred in the 20th century than in
>the previous 19 centuries combined. Pastors are being
arrested
>and sometimes shot in China and Cuba. Believers are forbidden
>to buy goods or own property in Somalia. Christians who testify
>to their faith in Iran or Saudi Arabia may be put to death for
>blasphemy. Mobs have wiped out whole villiages of Christians
>in Pakistan. And it goes on.
>
>For all this, the western Church is mostly silent. "I am in
>prison," says the Lord, "and you are not visiting me."
>
>It is time to shatter the silence. Sunday, November 16, 1997,
>has been declared an International Day of Prayer for the
>Suffering Church. Until then, we need to educate our churches
>and our friends concerning the extent of persecution which
>Christ is suffering throughout the world.
>
>Later in this message, I suggest 3 specific steps we can all
>take, and I let you know where to get information. (NOTE: NONE
>of the suggestions include "send your donation...")
>
>The International Day of Prayer (IDOP) was initiated by the
>World Evangelical Fellowship (WEF), but it has earned the
>endorsement of Christian leaders of all types and
>denominations (I've attached a list to this message). This is
>as it should be; this call is for everyone. When a mob,
>fundamentalist Islamic policeman, or communist goverment
>investigator comes looking for Christians, they DO NOT ask any
>of the following questions:
>
> - Do you believe the Bible to be inerrant, infallible,
> and uniquely inspired?
> - Do you pray to Mary or any of the saints?
> - In whose name do you baptise?
> - Do you acknowledge the Priesthood of all believers?
> - Do you believe in a pre- or post-tribulation rapture?
> - Do you accept the authority of the Pope in Rome, or of
> the Eastern Bishops?
> - Is God a unity or a trinity?
> - When was the last time you received Holy Communion or
> confession?
>
>No, they ask one thing, and one thing only: will you bow down
>to another god, or will you remain faithful to Jesus? If the
>answer is "Jesus," you are under arrest. It's that simple.
>
>I AM ASKING EVERYONE WHO RECEIVES THIS MESSAGE TO
DO 3 THINGS: