Re: The Great YETi Search

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 06:18:07 -0400

Glenn Morton wrote:
> This last week,
> I have spent much time with a young earth creationist who continually used
> the "wait until tomorrow" approach to solving all of his problems. According
> to him,"Tomorrow" will be a glorious time when all of our questions will be
> answered. I finally found the title for this tendency. It is the Great YETi
> search. The "We haven't found the solution YET" answer.

Closely related to the "only the detials are missing." When
Heisenberg published his _Urmaterie_ equation as the basis of a unified
field theory, to considerable media attention, he was reported in one
newspaper to have said that all the basic problems of particle physics
were solved in principle & that "only the details are missing." Pauli's
response was a blank rectangle with the caption "I can paint like
Titian."
George