Re: Theism and Science

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 13:30:44 -0500

Burgy wrote:

>Sorry Jim, but the conclusion does not follow from the premise. You
>seem to be assuming an intermediate statement, of the kind:
>
>"Since God is perfect and his way is perfect he is capable of only
>creating perfect things."
>
>But this statement has no Scriptural (or other) basis.

(Since James is my middle name I assume you mean me.) No, a better
statement would be, "Since God is perfect and "his work is perfect,"
acts of special creation should result in perfect creatures. No
perfect creatures - no special creation.

>Other objections can be cited. Perhaps Adam WAS perfect and we have
>"devolved."

Adam MAY very well have been perfect, but due to intermarriages
between Adamites and Non-Adamites we have imperfect genes. (If you
don't know what I'm talking about read my book.)

>Or perhaps we ARE perfect and just don't recognize it!

If by "we" you mean you and me, then three strikes your out, I've
got Alzheimers in my immediate family, and the genetic markers that
go with it. (Don't worry, I've still got enough left for you guys :)

Dick Fischer
THE ORIGINS SOLUTION
http://www.orisol.com