Re: Levels of intervention

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:48:36 -0500 (EST)

At 03:25 PM 10/10/97 -0400, David Campbell wrote:
>Keith Walker cited God's proclamations (especially predictions) as examples
>of supernatural acts. I would agree that these are supernatural, but they
>do not leave a fossil record-only the written account reveals them to us.
>The fact that God is able to predict events (e.g., the Sea of Reeds will
>part; the Jordan will stop its flow, etc.) indicates that He is in control
>of them. However,
>the physical event itself often is achievable in obedince to natural laws
>(Exodus mentions the wind involved in the parting; a landslide can dam the
>Jordan). Other events do not have natural law explanations, but the high
>frequency with which God seems to do things in accord with natural law both
>in the Bible and in everyday experience makes me suspect that He probably
>relied on it to a large extent in the creation of the universe and of life.
>

>David Campbell

There is order in nature and the second law of thermodynamics is one such
manifestation. Any event which violates such a law will appear to us as
"miraculous." Is that one of the manners God intervenes in Nature? Of
course, the Incarnation would be an incredible unique event anyway you look
at it.

Moorad