>Re: Classification scheme for ID debate

Eduardo G. Moros (moros@castor.wustl.edu)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:29:56 -0600

What is random?
What is random motion?
What is matter in random motion?

I submit that there is NO random thing happening in the Universe, NONE
whatsoever, they indeed appear random to us, but are they really?

We are sometimes prisoners of our own definitions...............................

Salu2

Re: Classification scheme for ID debate

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Wed, 08 Oct 1997 07:28:39 -0400

(Craig Rusbult) wrote:

> George Murphy says,
> > 1st, consider the vast number of events in the world which take
> >place every day in accord with natural processes - fusion reactions in
> >the sun, cells metabolizing, bodies falling, plants growing &c.
>
> I agree. But these could be in either of two categories -- my
> "smoothly blending theistic action" or "matter in random motion".

Noting your absence for the next few days I realize this may not
be responded to soon - & maybe doesn't need to be, because our
difference may (?) be partly one of terminology. What you're calling
SBTA may be close to what I mean by "cooperation" or "concurrence".

George Murphy