Info on Computer Virus's and Hoaxs

John Misasi (jmisasi@engc.bu.edu)
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:37:56 -0400 (EDT)

Since this topic came up i thought i would let all who are within e-mail
hearing range to know where they can find out if a virus claim is real or
not. It turns out the good old Department of Energy maintains a web page
devoted to virus warnings and attempts to separate real from hoax
warnings. The address of the page is

http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html

I have also seen lists at Symatec's (makers of Norton Antivirus) web site:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/index.html

John Misasi
Email: jmisasi@engc.bu.edu
Department Engineer