Re: ID and Scientific Utility

Eduardo G. Moros (moros@castor.wustl.edu)
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 19:55:56 -0500

I see the following problem:

We have those of hold inerrancy: from the literalist to the plastic -
allowing a spectrum of interpretations.

Then we have an imaginary group that hold "degrees" of inerrancy - given
another spectrum of interpretations.

In both groups the spectra of interpretations are the result of all
constraints: scientific, phylosophical, theological, biblical, historical,
etc.

My problem is that with a closer look these to spectra are either very similar
or identical. Therefore, complete inerracy with hermeneutically different
approaches gives the same results as "degenerating" inerrancy.

Evolution has the "appearance" of having taken place. However, there is a
huge number of inconsistencies and unexplained things. So to hold on to
evolution is premature at best and as Christians I believe we should excersize
skepticism.

Salu2