Re: Many worlds?

John P. McKiness (jmckines@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu)
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 20:21:06 -0500

At 09:37 AM 9/19/97 -0400, Ted wrote:
>I was distressed to read that Christianity would not survive the many worlds
>hypothesis, should it be confirmed. I rather thought the only sort of
>"empirical test" of this type that Christianity wouldn't survive -- or
>shouldn't survive -- would be if the bones of Christ were discovered.
>Anyone seen the left arm of Jesus in a Mediterranean church?
>
>Ted Davis

To all,

I know (at least I hope this is the case) the statement above is somewhat in
jest, however for those who would like to explore this issue more I would
suggest Paul L. Maier's novel _A Skeleton in God's Closet_ (at the moment I
am relying on memory for the title). Then ask yourself what your response
would be.

It might be of help to others on this list if we could discuss our faith and
the results of science in more personal detail and that book would be an
excellent discussion starter.

John