Re: Intelligent design vs. natural selection

Murphy (gmurphy@imperium.net)
Tue, 09 Sep 1997 07:56:54 -0400

Glenn Morton wrote:

> I would like to point out that Genesis 1:11 has God commanding a secondary
> process to produce life. The verse:
>
> "Then God said, 'Let the LAND produce vegetation:..."

This is very important. It's the reason many of the church
fathers believed God's creation of life was mediated, matter having been
given the potential to produce life in accord with God's command. Vv.
20 & 24 are similar. & note that the result of 20 is described in v.21
with the verb _bara_ which expresses the divine preogative of creation.

-- George L. Murphygmurphy@imperium.nethttp://www.imperium.net/~gmurphy