Fw: pre-Ussher dating schemes?

Russell Maatman (rmaat@mtcnet.net)
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 13:21:53 -0500

Carol:

I have read quotation(s) from Calvin and/or Luther, both contemporaries of
Copernicus, indicating they accepted the 6000-year-old creation idea. I did
not get the impression that this was a new idea at that time.

I do not have the references now, but I am pretty sure that Calvin presents
that idea in his commentary on Genesis.

Russ

Russell Maatman
e-mail: rmaat@mtcnet.net