How to find out whether a virus threat is legitimate

Edward Allen (allene@cse.fau.edu)
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 10:17:47 -0500 (EST)

ASAers,

I've noticed that we occasionally get virus warnings on this list.

I thought the attached note about computer viruses by one of my collegues
here was informative. (The message is from a local FAU discussion list.)
He points out that the web site

http://www.kumite.com/myths

has lots of information on virus myths, hoaxes, and urban legends.
(Some of you on this list are interested in urban legends.)

Ed
Edward B. Allen, Ph.D.
Research Associate
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Office: (407)367-3916 Home: (407)487-2445
Fax: (407)367-2800 Fax: (407)477-8300
Internet: allene@cse.fau.edu

Tom Horton