Re: Talking to YECers

Rob (rwahl@kermode.net)
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:14:44 -0800

At 04:11 PM 3/21/97 GMT-5, Bill Frix wrote:
>I have to respond to this statement by John Burgeson and others:
>
>> In many other discussions I find a curious reluctance among YECers
>> to continue into substantive issues. It seems to be a "God diddit"
>> mind set at work!

Bill,
I have to hand it to you that you stay on this listserve. I've noticed too
that YEC is not exactly esteemed on this reflector, that's why I read it,
but I'd hope you'd stay. Perhaps you could forgive them (us, is suppose),
we often can't speak our minds at church, most don't have old earth clubs
we attend, and no one cares in the secular word. In my world everybody's
either a YEC or a non-Christian except me.

I do have to point out that your message did not contain anything
substantive beyond a plea for non-bashing. I hope you get a chance to prove
them wrong in the near future.

Rob