Re: Two kinds of theistic science?

David Bowman (dbowman@tiger.gtc.georgetown.ky.us)
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:10:46 EST

George Murphy wrote:

> Well, yeah. Orthodox Jews & Christians both await the coming of
>the Messiah. Christians know who it will be. ....

As I recall shiite muslims are also awaiting the coming of the Mahdi (a
messiah-like figure the doctrine of which seems to have been imported into
Islam from a mutation of the Christian doctrine of the 2nd Advent of Christ).

(Since this is my first post to the asa list, here is a brief intro. I teach
physics at Georgetown College in Georgetown, KY, have been an ASA member
since the late 80s, and have been a lurker at this forum for about 1 1/2 yrs.)

David Bowman
dbowman@gtc.georgetown.ky.us