Re: "The Sun DID Stand Still (sic)"

Rodney Dunning (dunnirb4@wfu.edu)
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 20:53:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi Eric,

This story has circulated before. I first heard it a few years ago
on a PTL-like TV program. Of course there were no calculations of any
kind, nor an "expert" to discuss the issue in any detail. I don't remember
if any names were mentioned. I think the basis for the story was a little
different from what you have- I seem to remember that astronomers were
trying to correlate ancient astronomical records with computer models and
where the planets and sun were then currently located, or something like
that.

-Rodney

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, D. Eric Greenhow, M.D.,Ph.D. wrote:

> In my account, the only name listed is one Harold Hill, President of the
> Curtis Engine Company of Baltimore Maryland. I immediately thought of
> Professor Harold Hill, the musical instrument salesman and con artist of The
> Music Man.
>
> Can anyone tell me if my memory is correct, that this story circulated
> previously?
>
> I will fax the copy I have to anyone who is interested, or if enough are
> interested, I will type it into a file for circulation on this reflector.

Rodney Dunning
e-mail: dunnirb4@wfu.edu
voice: 910.759.4977 or 910.759.4980
fax: 910.759.6142