Re: What identifies a human? (DNA? Artifacts? ....)

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 19:33:27 -0600

Glenn Morton wrote:

>All of them. I would like to point out that if you exclude brother/sister
>marriage then within about 3 generation, everyone is a descendant of
>everyone in a family of only 3 founding families. The lines below are all
>possible matings between the 3 families for 3 generations if brother/sister
>marriages are excluded and most societies do prohibit those.
>

>shem japheth Ham
>
>child child child
> |\ /|\ /|
> | \/ | \/ |
> | / \ | / \ |
> gchild gchild gchild
> |\ /|\ /|
> | \/ | \/ |
> | / \ | / \ |
>ggchild ggchild ggchild
>
>What this would mean is that we are ALL descended from ALL families. There
>is no us/them issue here.

Ashkenazi Jews trace their ancestry back to Ashkenaz, Japheth's grandson,
a span of roughly 5,000 years, not tens of thousands, and certainly not
hundreds of thousands of years that would be needed to include members of
another species! You may be a little long on hyperbole and short on data
on this one Glenn.

Dick Fischer
THE ORIGINS SOLUTION
http://www.orisol.com