Re: asa-digest V1 #332

Scott A. Oakman (oakma001@maroon.tc.umn.edu)
Thu, 27 Feb 97 14:40:51 -0600

> From: Rodney Dunning <dunnirb4@darth.phy.wfu.edu>
> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:44:13 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Re: Count sheep, anyone?
>
> On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Gene Dunbar Godbold wrote:
[...]
> On another point, with the population problems we currently face, do we
> really need another way to produce people?

This reminds me of the St. Paul Pioneer Press's editorial cartoon from Monday.
Captioned "How to tell when our technological capacity goes beyond our
technological needs", it pictures 2 scientists gleefully announcing "Now we can
make kids WITHOUT HAVING SEX!!" ;-)

Scott Oakman Graduate Program in Neuroscience
University of Minnesota MD/PhD Program
oakma001@maroon.tc.umn.edu
"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape."