Re: Question for George (was Re: Vast Majorities...)

Rodney Dunning (dunnirb4@darth.phy.wfu.edu)
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 22:10:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi George,

I caught this thread very late, so this may be a silly
question. When you write "God is doing these things," do you mean to
imply that God is in direct control over everything that happens in this
world (physically speaking)? Or does "divine action" refer only to the
sacrements?

In another post you wrote that you would object to a symbolic
understanding of the sacrements. Being from the Southern Baptist
tradition, a symbolic understanding is the only one I've ever had.
Frankly, I haven't given it much thought. If you don't mind my asking,
why would you object to this? If this requires a REALLY long answer, feel
free to refer me to a book or something.

Thank you.

Rodney Dunning
e-mail: dunnirb4@wfu.edu
voice: 910-759-4977 or 910-759-4980