E--mail address unknown

John W. Burgeson (73531.1501@compuserve.com)
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 09:32:22 -0500

I sent the following to Bob Newman twice. It never got through.
Can someone either forward it to him or let me know his real e-mail address?

Burgy

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 12:17:07 -0500
From: "John W. Burgeson" <73531.1501@compuserve.com>
Subject: ASA Creation Commission
To: Bob Newman <renewman@erols.com>

I had forgotten about the ASA "interest area" concept until the CREATIONEWS
Volume #2 arrived here last week. I must have selected it as my primary
interest area at some time in the past.

I'm a sysop on Compuserve's RELIGIOUS ISSUES forum, handling the "Science &
Religion" and "Religious Humor" sections. Of course, origins issues are
always a prime focus in the first-named section. Part of Compuserve's
service is the establishment of a library, where papers of interest are
frequently read/downloaded by forum members.

A fair number of the library files are copies of ASA book reviews and short
papers; these have proven to be useful and enjoy a fair amount of activity.
I'm always looking for new material, of course. Book reviews seem to be the
most popular, often spinning off discussion threads of their own. I also
maintain a list of "pointers" to other web sites and external sources for
origins materials.

All this is just by way of introduction and to let you & the others know we
exist, have some educational value to the 3 or 4 million Compuserve members
(about 30,000 or so have actually visited the forum at one time) and stand
ready to help/cooperate with the goals of this commission.

I'd love to see that list of 1500 books in electronic form -- preferably
with some informed indication of which are simply polemics and which have
some scientific credibility. I look forward to future issues of
CREATIONEWS.

Peace

John W. Burgeson (Burgy)