Re: Johnson's assumptions

Janet Rice (rice@mcc.com)
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 12:21:55 -0700

Your wrote:

> Johnson's assumptions go back a long way, but they are not based on a
>biblical concept of Truth. Rather, his assumptions ( and the assumptions of
>many other Christians in Science) go back to a pagan Greek understanding of
>truth.

Could you comment on how the Greek and Hebrew understanding of the truth
differ? I have seen this stated before and would like to understand this
point as it seems basic to determining what a "literal" interpretation of
scripture means. A second question as well - my understanding is that the
Old Testament is written in Hebrew and that parts of the New Testament are
written in Greek - at least in the oldest texts we have. Given the effect
of culture and language - then does this imply that there is a differen
concept of Truth between the two halves of the Bible?

Janet Rice
512-338-3266
rice@mcc.com