Re: Re[2]: Fw: Underlying assumptions

Glenn Morton (grmorton@gnn.com)
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:24:04

George Murphy wrote:

> &, I woul;d again note - no one in the biblical story comes to
>believe in the true God, the one who brought Israel out of Egypt &
>raised Jesus, from observation of the world & reason.

Considering the amount of time I spend on origins, you will probably be
surprised that I absolutely agree with you.

But these "reason" issues are not for evangelism but for discipleship. I know
LOTS of people who have left the faith because of observation of the world and
reason. Lots and lots. Look at Talk.Origins and realise that most ofthe most
vocal critics of Christianity were once Christians.

glenn

Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm