Re: Fw: Underlying assumptions

John Tant, N4XAN (jtant@exis.net)
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 17:47:58 -0500

Greetings all,
I'll just chime in briefly here.
I remember being told by a dear brother that those in rebellion don't
worry
about whether they might be. I think that this applies here in this
way. If
I am sincerely worried about whether I am "exchanging for a lie", I
question
whether God would allow that to continue in light of James 1:5 ("If any
of you
lack wisdom, let him ask of God ..."). So, if asking the question isn't
the
problem (see Habakkuk) and is encouraged (James 1:5), I'd say that we're
most
likely on legitimate ground theologically, IMHO.
I'll have to confess that the "functional integrity" idea is
something I'm
not sure I understand. Does that have to do with God's attributes
"being
clearly seen through that which was made"?
jbt

-- ******************************************************************** John B. Tant      http://wwwp.exis.net/~jtant    jtant@exis.net **                                                                 **               Find out more about the Declaration!              **                   http://www.Declaration.net/                   **                                                                 **       The opinions I express are my own, not my employer's      **                  http://www.infi.net/~stonebdg                  ********************************************************************