Re: Fw: Mere Creation conference

Denis Lamoureux (dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 12:34:03 -0700 (MST)

Hi Terry,
Just got back from the conference (76 F) to wonderful Edmonton (-30 C)!!!
The Lord may have created all humans equally, but He certainly DID NOT
create all places where humans live equally.

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Terry M. Gray wrote:

> I honestly doubt whether more than 1 or 2% of the people who read Mike's
> book will have the competence to judge what he says or to know about what
> he doesn't say.

I expect Stephen Jones or James Bell to wrap your priestly robes around
your neck to choke you! But as one of the "hoi polloi" with regards to
biochemistry, I absolutely agree with you.

The most interesting time of the conference was "discovering" Michael
Denton. We spend many nights till 2AM discussing the issues. Great, great
guy with an amazing sense of humor. The group might be interested to know
he is thoroughly committed (and has always been) to common descent. But
his view of evolution is utterly teleological, and it is the chanced-based
evolution that he denounced in this 1984 "Evolution: A Theory In Crisis."

He has also just finished a book on the biological anthropic view. I've
got the manuscript and it looks very good. It may well prove to be a
great contribution to this origins debate.

Regards,
Denis

Denis O. Lamoureux DDS PhD PhD (cand)
Department of Oral Biology Residence:
Faculty of Dentistry # 1908
University of Alberta 8515-112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta Edmonton, Alberta
T6G 2N8 T6G 1K7
CANADA CANADA

Lab: (403) 492-1354
Residence: (403) 439-2648
Dental Office: (403) 425-4000

E-mail: dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

"In all debates, let truth be thy aim, and endeavor to gain
rather than expose thy opponent."