Fw: Fw: Mere Creation conference

Russell Maatman (rmaat@mtc1.mtcnet.net)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:43:31 -0600

To Bob and the others in these groups:

I do indeed think that the matter of paradigm change is slow and difficult.
I agree with most of what Kuhn said in his first book. (For a while, I
included this book in a course for upperclassmen. I think now that the main
difficulty I had was their immaturity in the sciences: one has to know
someting of the seventeenth to twentieth century struggles in the sciences
before appreciating Kuhn's analysis.)

Even so, if there is one exception to the previously-accepted general
theory of evolution, it will sit there like a bone in the throat.

One more point: When I said that it would be a paradigm change if the
assumption that all biological systems have evolved were replaced by the
assumption that such systems may either have evolved or been intelligently
designed, one might conclude that the new suggested paradigm is too fuzzy.
But an either-or might be the most fundamental statement one could make. It
is, in fact, possible that such a statement would be _true_.

In the Lord,

Russell Maatman
e-mail: rmaat@mtcnet.net