Re: Apologists and other salesmen

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Wed, 06 Nov 1996 22:01:36 -0600

Hi Glenn, you wrote:

>Those who believe that
>the flood was a mesopotamian affair which landed the ark in Ararat must have
>water flow up hill contrary to the laws of physics.

I may have mentioned it, I don't remember, but the phrase "fountains of the
deep"
is replete in one of the flood stories, Atrahasis, which most assuredly is of
Mesopotamian origins.

If the flood lasted for more than one year, it may have spanned two rainy
seasons. Instead of one year long flood, there may have been two flooding
episodes with the ark resting in mud or floating on the Euphrates for months
where they could have punted upstream.

There may be other possibilities, but like a magician's trick, it may appear
to disobey the laws of physics until we see how it was done.

Dick Fischer
THE ORIGINS SOLUTION
http://www.orisol.com