Re: What is Theology?

John Zimmer (allen@Merlin.InfoMagic.COM)
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:34:45 -0700 (MST)

On 28 Oct 1996, Jan de Koning wrote:

> All Christians should take the time to study God's Word in connection >
with their daily life. We belong as whole persons to Christ, always. In
our > daily work too. Thus we are never (or should never) be too busy to
study God's > will for and in our work, writings, discussions. We must
take out our own time > for that and not leave it to professional
theologians. Christians in Science > should indeed discuss together what
God's Word means in partivular studies. > They should, however, avoid
talking authoritatively about sciences, they did not study. They should
(try to) be knowing the literature, even the literature of > unbelievers
before making statements.

> Every Christiam must study the bible. That is necessary to know God,
> but it is not necessarily Theology.
AMEN!

Allen Roy
http://www.tagnet.org/anotherviewpoint/