Re: Miracles and Origins

Neil Haave (haavn@wildrose.net)
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 15:45:05 +0000

On Fri, 11 Oct 96 John Zimmer wrote (with some editing):

> I'm more focused on reconciling that knowledge with natural/experiential
> knowledge in an artistic synthetic fashion.
>
> So if you show
> that the two Genesis Creation Stories somehow "image" the evolutionary
> record - and visa versa - then you show that scientific and Judeo-Christian
> origin stories are not mutually exclusive - but paradoxically speaking
> with one another across the void.

An artisitic synthetic fashion...Genesis imaging the evolutionary
record... an aesthetic comparison...

Intriguing phrases in this context! What do you mean? Are you
referring to images in the Genesis creation stories and images in
evolution? I find this fascinating because although I have heard of
a poetical reading of the bible I have never heard of it for science.
Am I understanding you correctly? Please enlighten!

Cheers

Neil

________________________________
Neil Haave, Ph.D.