Re: Deifferences in elements of......

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 21:34:54

Hyokkee Hwang wrote:

>What do you think about the differences between the main elements of
>the ground and humany body? The human being (and other organic creatures)
>is composed mainly of carbons but the main elements of the ground (or
>soil) are oxygens and silicons, as far as I know. What makes this
>difference possible even though Genesis 2:7 says,"... the LORD God formed
>man of dust from the ground, and breathed..."?
>What can we say about this honestly?
>
>Thank you.

If you want to take this that literally, and I don't, then I would suggest
that you consider the possibility that God created man from a coal seam
which is 90% carbon. Coal is part of the ground and part of the dust
thereof. I do not know your beliefs but if you are a young earth
creationist, (which I doubt or you wouldn't be asking the question in the
way you are) and believe that there is no coal before the flood, consider
that there is indeed some precambrian abiogenic coal called anthraxolite.
This stuff appears in veins and fissures in the Canadian Precambrian
shield. And it is also 90% carbon. (see L.H. King "On the Origin of
Anthraxolite and Impsonite" Dept. of Mines and Technical Surveys Research
Report R116, Ottawa, June 1963, or Econimic Geology 78, 1983, circa p 177,
Economic Geology 76:4 June, 1981, pp 951-954 and Bulletin of the Amer.
Assoc. of Petroleum Geologists Aug, 1932, p. 837)

By your name I am going to guess that you speak either mandarin or
cantonese. If you are a speaker of Mandarin, Wo hen gaoxing, jian dao nin.
If not; nevermind.

glenn

Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm