Re: Physics of a Mesopotamian Flood

Bill Hamilton (whamilto@mich.com)
Sat, 11 May 1996 05:35:48 -0400

Glenn Morton wrote:

>I am not too concerned with that particular observation. I have always
>felt that 15 cubis was the draught of the ark. But your explanation might
>be correct. But even so, the water coming down the wadi is going
>downhill. How did it push the ark uphill?

Remember the text says the ark landed _in_ the mountains of Ararat, not
_on_ a mountain. It could have landed in a hilly regioun, but still at the
level of the river it was following. Dick has postulated a (or perhaps
some) landing sites. I haven't (and I'm not generally in the "business" of
trying to reconcile the flood account).

William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
1346 W. Fairview Lane
Rochester, MI 48306