Re: Dating Adam/Nephilim

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Fri, 10 May 1996 21:52:23 -0500

At 05:21 PM 5/10/96 EDT, Jack Collins wrote:

>In my original note I was only speaking of the Nephilim, who are only
>mentioned in 2 places in the OT. Your note refers to other groups
>(which do not appear in the flood account, I think, but I haven't
>checked), and hence is a different subject.

If there are post-flood nations spoken about in the Bible unrelated
to Noah then they are descendants of survivors who were not passengers
on the ark. One could argue that the post-flood Anakims, Emims, and
Zamzummims HAD to be Noah's kin because only Noah his sons and their
wives lived through the flood. But if the flood was around 2900 BC
then flood survivors are virtually everywhere and the tribes with
strange sounding names are extra-Noahic as the Bible certainly implies.

Sincerely,

Dick Fischer
THE ORIGINS SOLUTION
http://www.orisol.com
* *
* THE ORIGINS SOLUTION *
* *
* An Answer in the Creation - Evolution Debate *
* *
* Web page - http://www.orisol.com *
* *