Re: Genesis Flood

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Sun, 05 May 1996 21:10:00

Hi Dick,
You wrote:

>At 12:36 PM 5/5/96, Glenn wrote:
>
>>What are the other alternatives. The only possibilities that there
> are
>>are that Luke is correct that Cainan really belongs in the genealogy
> or
>>that Luke is wrong and Cainan does not belong there. How can Cainan
> be
>>partially there? If you can clearly state a different alternative
> than
>>what I have laid out, then I would admit that you are correct.
>
>To repeat: Luke was a NT writer. They wrote in Greek. The Septuagint
>was written in Greek. NT writers quoted the Greek text. The Masoretic
>text was not compiled until the 700's when all the NT writers were dead.
>The KJ translators should have included Cainan who was an obvious
> deletion

You didn't lay out any other alternatives. What other alternative exists
to Luke's statement concerning Cainan being correct or incorrect?

I wrote:

>>I would suggest that you have a very flexible definition of truth and
>>falsity. The logic courses I took in grad school do not allow for
>>partial truth in this circumstance.

Dick replied:

>You show no evidence of having taken a course in logic.

My logic professor thought so also. :-)

>It wasn't vitamins, they all had Adamic ancestry. Some of their
>forefathers lived into their 900's remember? The Septuagint puts
>1,072 years between the flood and Abraham which is close to your
>figure. If there is a problem your quarrel is with Moses not with me.

Having the average first birth at 107 years is not too shabby but I still
think the genealogies are incomplete. I have no problem with the Adamic
lineage living for these types of lifespans. But it just didn't happen in
3000 BC. By the way, an interesting fact from the Mad Hatter, Frank
Tipler. I can't find the reference just now but he said that the human
brain has enough memory for a 1000 year life span.

Your friend Glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm