Re: Kline in PSCF

Garry DeWeese (deweese@ucsu.Colorado.EDU)
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 12:10:35 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Bill Dozier wrote:

> <wild speculation>
> Genesis 6:
> 1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born
> to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful,
> and they married any of them they chose.
>
> Could the answer be here?
> </wild speculation>
>
> I've always found this passage to be very curious.
>
> Bill Dozier
> Scatterer at Large
> dozier@radix.net

Bruce Waltke speculated that the result of this union--the "Nephelim" of
v. 4, the "heroes of old, men of reknown"--might be the Neandertals,
whose average cranial capacity (if I remember correctly, and if the
skeletons found are typical) is somewhat larger than H. sapiens.
"Nephelim" was often translated "giants" in older versions. Your wild
speculation is in good company.

Garry DeWeese