Re: FW: Kline in PSCF

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 14:35:54 -0500

I wrote:
>> A more sobering thought: suppose they were _not_ wiped out. The
>> implication would be that there were then, and perhaps are now, creatures
>> walking around that are indistinguishable (to our senses) from human
>> beings, but have no spiritual dimension. Implications like that can be
>> (and perhaps have been) used to justify genocide, and that scares the
>> daylights out of me.

Dennis Sweitzer wrote

>> This is indeed the view of several white supremicist groups--that there were
>> other humans around (i.e., non-white races), but Adam was the first 'real'
>> human (and was conveniently white). Consequently, they refer to blacks as
>> 'mudmen' (but come to think of it, Biblically, Adam was the mudman!

Bill Dozier wrote

>I guess I'm missing something here, but it seems to me if this happened
>millions of years ago then there's little chance of any pure-blooded
>"spiritural" or "non-spiritual" folks being around now.

Biologically, it's pretty unlikely that any pure-blooded "spiritual" or
"non-spiritual" folks would be around now. However, the spiritual
implications were what I was after. One of those implications might be
that people who have not put their trust in Christ -- regardless of what
their ancestors did or didn't do -- are no different from animals
spiritually. To put it in Calvinistic terms, one might claim that those
who are not Elect are no different from animals spiritually. _That_ is the
implication that scares me. I don't consider that view supportable,
because Scripture maintains that men are responsible for their sins. But
it certainly would be a dangerous view in the hands of a Christian Identity
group.

Bill Hamilton | Chassis & Vehicle Systems
GM R&D Center | Warren, MI 48090-9055
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX)
hamilton@gmr.com (office) | whamilto@mich.com (home)